Friday, April 26, 2013

Short Story: The Widow Carey's Chickens from the Book Best Shorts (By Gerald Hausman)

This is a review of the short story The Widow Carey's Chickens that I read for school.

The characters are:

Widow Carey.
Georgie (Susan's mother)
Susan
Keziah Coffin
Georgie (Susan's daughter)


My summary is:

The James Moffett was a ship that sank. Widow Carey was the only survivor. Georgie (the 1st one) tries to convince the widow to go back home. Years later, a Keziah Coffin, a journalist comes and Susan tells him about Widow Carey. Georgie (her daughter) tells him about the petrels, which everyone believes are chickens because they are tame. Georgie says she will take him to see the "chickens and...

You'll have to read it to find out!

The story is in Best Shorts on pages 265 - 279.

I recommend this short!



By the way, I know I gave you the hint before on my explanation, but this comes before that review. Sorry!

The Widow Carey's Chickens (2003)- Gerald Hausman

Best Shorts (2006)- By Avi

1 comment: