Monday, January 21, 2013

Diary of a Wimpy Kid- The 1st Book (By Jeff Kinney)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is the first book in the series by the same name. It's written as if a kid wrote it in a journal. The kid's name is Greg. He's in middle school. This is a very popular series. I would give the 1st book a 7 1/2. I would say the reading level is 9-13. Here is what the back says:
 "I'll be famous one day, but for now I'm stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons.
 Being a kid can really stink. And no one knows this better than Greg Heffley, who finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving."... (I'll skip to the rest of what it says about the story.) ..."As Greg says in his diary:
 Just don't expect me to be all 'Dear Diary' this and 'Dear Diary' that."
 This is how I would describe the storyline:
 Greg's mom get's him a journal. He writes in it about his life in and out of middle school. He and his best friend Rowley have many adventures- including some not-so-good ones. At the end comes the most memorable part of the book- when one of the 2 friends eats the cheese!

 This is a great book- and I hope you think so too!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2007)- By Jeff Kinney

No comments:

Post a Comment