Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dear America: The Diary of Remember Patience Whipple: A Jouney to the New World, Mayflower, 1620 (By Kathryn Lasky)

 This book is a book I read because that is the time period I was studying in school. I would give it 6 1/2 stars because it was sad. I would say the reading level is 9-11. This is what the back says:
 "Twelve year old Remember Patience Whipple ('Mem' for short) and her family have set out to make the perilous journey from Europe to the New World on the Mayflower. The voyage is grueling, as storms and gales and seasickness batter the passengers relentlessly. Then Mem and the others finally reach land, where they discover that conditions are not much better. When Squanto and Samoset, two Native Americans, come to the Plimoth settlement, Mem knows that her people will need their help to survive.
 Will Mem be able to brave the treacherous surroundings through this year of trial, tragedy, and Thanksgiving?"
 I will not give a summary of it because I have learned how hard it is to summarize a journal or diary.
 
I hope you like the book!

Dear America: The Diary of Remember Patience Whipple: A Journey to the New World, Mayflower, 1620 (1996)- By Kathryn Lasky

No comments:

Post a Comment